Is your company interested in looking for a STEM intern?
Does your company know it can receive a 50 percent cash match on the intern’s wages up to $2500?
SciTechsperience is an exciting internship program that creates the opportunity for Minnesota businesses to work with talented college STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) students to develop solutions for real world challenges. SciTechsperience provides a low-cost solution for small and medium-sized companies that otherwise may not have access to qualified interns. Participating companies receive matching funds of 50 percent of the intern’s wages up to $2,500. 165 matching grants remain between now and August 30, 2016 and are available on a first come, first hire basis.
- Dollar for dollar cash match up to 50 percent of the intern’s wages ($2,500 maximum)
- Get help finding qualified interns
- The hiring decision is yours
- Find future employees, increase productivity and revitalize your organization with fresh perspectives
- Develop Minnesota’s STEM workforce by providing hands-on experience to talented college students in dynamic industries like yours
- Keep talented STEM students in Minnesota after they graduate to strengthen and advance Minnesota’s knowledge-based economy
- Must be a for-profit company conducting business in Minnesota
- Seven-county metro area companies must have fewer than 150 employees worldwide; companies outside the seven-county metro area must have fewer than 250 employees worldwide
- The internship must provide hands-on experience in the company’s industry
- The company is doing business in one of the following industries:
- Aerospace and Defense
- Agriculture and Food Science
- Biotechnology, Life Sciences and Health IT
- Engineering Services
- Fuels, Energy, Energy Management
- IT/Computer Technology
- Mining, Materials, Manufacturing and Processing
For more information and to apply go to SciTechMN.org
For further details, please contact SciTechsperience Program Director Becky Siekmeier, Minnesota High Tech Association at:
This information was provided by MN DEED.